There’s a lot of talk about men’s sexual health. We’ve all heard of “the little blue pill” and its effect on men’s sexual performance and vitality. There have been countless punchlines in the media about its transformative effects.
But, have you ever wondered why there’s not a lot of media, advertisements, or discussion about the importance of women’s sexual health?
When you talk about sex with your close friends, do you discuss not just recent encounters and frequency but also your challenges initiating or engaging in sex?
Well, if you don’t, you are not alone! Here are a few possible reasons contributing to this disparity:
- Historical stigma and societal norms: Throughout history, discussions surrounding women’s sexual health have often been stigmatized or considered taboo. This societal attitude has limited open conversations around the topic, leading to less media coverage and advertisement focus.
- Gender bias and male-centric narratives: Many cultural and media narratives have traditionally centred on the male experience, including aspects of sexual health. This bias may have overshadowed discussions and initiatives addressing women’s sexual health needs.
- Limited research and funding: Historically, women’s sexual health has received less research and funding compared to men’s sexual health. This discrepancy may have limited the availability of scientific knowledge and awareness necessary for media and advertising campaigns.
- Concerns around commodification and objectification: Discussions related to women’s sexual health may be approached with caution due to concerns about objectification or commodification. Addressing these topics in a respectful, informative, and empowering manner can be challenging for the media and advertisement industries.
- Cultural and religious influences: Cultural and religious beliefs can significantly influence conversations around sex and sexual health, leading to variations in media coverage and advertising approaches.
At A Step Above Wellness Centre, we are here to break through the barrier of discussing and promoting women’s sexual health!
We are here to listen and discuss everything related to your sexual vitality, challenges, confidence and overall well-being. And the best part is we have state-of-the-art technology to help assist you reclaim and celebrate your sexual self!
Would you like to learn a little more about how we may be able to help you? Reach out to us to book your consultation: 519-970-9006